Global Ready Talent Programme (GRT)
The Global Ready Talent Programme (GRT) supports Singapore enterprises that are keen to build a talent pipeline and expand both locally and overseas. As one of the Approved-in-Principle (AIP) partners appointed by Enterprise Singapore, SGTech evaluates and qualifies promising Singapore enterprises to come on board the programme and serves as the primary contact point for GRT-related matters.
The programme serves to connect
- Singapore enterprises who are
- Keen on developing a young local talent pipeline
- Looking to expand; either locally or overseas, especially in ASEAN, China and India
- Local students who are looking for local/overseas internships
How does it work?
- Training: Companies will train the students in their respective job scope either locally or overseas. This helps to build a pipeline of global-ready talent in Singapore.
- Talent Acquisition: Companies may translate the internship to a full-time hire after the end of the internship, should both parties feel that there is a fit.
- Internship Matching: Companies gain access to an additional platform for available interns by posting approved job listings on the BeGlobalReady website.
How will Companies benefit?
- Access to Interns: Hiring companies can source from a wider pool of interns through BeGlobalReady website and SGTech's tertiary institutions partners
- Funding Support: Approved participating companies can claim grant for
- Internship stipend (up to 70%1, capped at S$1,000/mth2)
- Overseas allowance (for supported markets3)
1 70% for SME & 50% for non-SME
2 S$1,000 for University & S$800 for ITE/Poly
3 Focus on Southeast Asia, India, China
Participating Company Criteria
- A business entity that is registered and incorporated in Singapore
- At least 30% local (Singaporean or Singaporean Permanent Resident) group shareholdings
- Be in a financially viable position to start and complete the internship
- Able to offer interns at least S$800/month to ITE and Polytechnic students and S$1,000/month to University students
- Possess sound Human Resource processes and be committed towards talent development
- (For enterprises offering overseas internships) - Have existing overseas operations, positive business outlook and definite growth plans
- Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident; AND
- Full-time matriculated student from supportable IHLs
- Applicable for full-time internships only, where the intern is required to work up to 44 hours per week*
- (For enterprises offering overseas internships) – At least 2 weeks
- Part-time or temporary internships are not supportable under GRT
*MOM’s hours of work guidelines under Part IV of the Employment Act
How to apply?
For enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are 3 phases for the application process and process is linear (i.e. You will require an approval before you can proceed to the next stage). If you have yet to be an approved participating company, please devise your timeline and plans accordingly.
- Create account on GRTNet (Login using CorpPass)
- Select "SGTech" as GRT TAC AIP partner
- Applicant Company's ACRA Bizfile [within 6 months]
- Shareholder(s)' ACRA Bizfile (if any) [within 6 months]
- Applicant Company's Latest Financial Statements or management accounts (i.e. Profit & Loss Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement) [within 18 months]
- Pitch Deck (if Company is ≤ 2 years or website does not have much information)
- Internship Job Description (if Company does not have a careers page on the website)
- Prepare Job Description, Internship Placement Letter from school and student's NRIC for Phase 2 and 3
For more details, refer to this link for the detailed steps by ESG or the GRTNet manual.
- Login to GRTNet using SingPass
- Apply for suitable internships at BeGlobalReady website
- Participating companies will contact you for an interview if you are shortlisted
- At the end of the internship, upload your internship report and fill in the feedback form